What can the community of Wood Buffalo do to support breastfeeding moms?
- Public: Moms are allowed to breastfeed anytime, anywhere. Breastfeeding is the normal way to feed babies
- Support Groups and Social Media: There are many in person and online support groups available in our community. See our Resources: local, online and print ages for more information.
- Business: Make your business Baby-Friendly. Implement a Breastfeeding policy that welcomes and supports mothers to feed their baby. Find out the benefits of being a Baby-Friendly Business.
- Employers: Let your employees know that you have a Baby-Friendly return to work policy. Talk to your employee about how they can continue to provide their baby with breastmilk, even when they return to work. Find out the benefits of being a Baby-Friendly Business.
- Health Professionals: Support and provide evidence based information to families. Encourage exclusive breastfeeding for 6 months with continued breastfeeding for 2 years and beyond.
Did you know? Breastfeeding is in public is protected. Anytime! Anywhere!
See our Health Care Professional Section
- Labouring Professionals
- Postnatal Professionals
- Communicating with Families
- Educational Opportunities
- Case Studies